Weekend Receptionist / Showroom Host
Contract Type: Permanent – Part Time
Contact: Miss Robertson
Contact Tel No: 01273 845544
Contact Email: [email protected] ( all email enquiries are handled in the strictest confidence )
Current Working Hours: Saturday 8.30am – 5.00pm Sundays & Bank Holidays 10am – 4.00pm
Job Ref: PDH009
Closing Date: 31st May 2021
PDH Motor Group are the premier Fiat, Abarth, Alfa Romeo and Jeep dealers in Sussex and have been serving the local community for nearly 50 years. Amongst the team there is a genuine and real focus towards outstanding service and delivering a guest experience which is both welcoming and with attention to detail. PDH operates seven days a week and more or less 365 days a year which means that it is critical to maintain an effortless and consistent approach towards processes and procedures. Each and every colleague at PDH work very hard on a day to day basis to achieve these exceptional results and therefore it is important to know that the standard is tough and demanding.
We are seeking an excellent Weekend Receptionist / Showroom Host to join PDH Motor Group’s Fiat, Abarth, Alfa Romeo & Jeep dealership in Hassocks. This role will see you act as the face and voice of PDH, greeting sales and service customers both face to face as well as by telephone and email. A natural and sincere welcoming nature is an essential element of the day to day responsibilities as will be to make sure that the front desk area and reception is an organised and controlled environment. There are admin tasks as well as cleaning tasks, all of which add to the overall feeling of being a key part of the dealership and a team player getting involved with whatever is required and making sure that standards are kept up on a day to day basis. Reporting directly to the heads of business, this role is offered on a part-time basis and is a permanent position working on a Saturday & Sunday as well as some Bank Holidays but not all. Ultimately it provides the chance to work in a professional environment with four exciting car brands and a friendly & family orientated atmosphere.
- To greet all dealership visitors in a friendly and professional manner ensuring a warm welcome and assisting with queries to then pass on to the relevant department or team member
- To answer incoming telephone calls and respond to queries as appropriate, transferring to the correct individual keeping an accurate telephone log
- To make outgoing telephone calls to customers regarding their service and sales appointments as well as reminder and follow up visit telephone calls
- To provide refreshments for dealership guests where appropriate and ensure the seating and refreshment area is tidy and fully stocked
- To provide total care, conversation and general helpfulness to all waiting guests
- Deal with incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries
- Assist with service bookings from time to time as required
- Assist with other administrative tasks as required
- Assist with cleaning tasks as required
- To uphold all company values as well as keeping up to date with any basic training required for the various brands we represent ( Fiat, Abarth, Alfa Romeo & Jeep )
- It is essential to uphold and keep up to date with the full requirements of a full time Showroom Host and communicate best practice between the two roles
Required Skills and Experience
To be successful, you will have previous experience as a Receptionist within a professional environment (vehicle dealership experience preferred but not essential) and have intermediate IT skills. In addition to your experience, you will demonstrate:
- It is essential to have excellent time keeping and to be consistently reliable
- It is essential to be of very smart appearance at all times as well as having a willingness and desire to embrace the attention to detail required with regards to our brands and image.
- It is essential that you have excellent verbal and written communication skills with a professional and welcoming telephone manner
- It is essential that you are confident, friendly with a happy and helpful personality making a point of chatting to customers wherever appropriate
- It is essential that you have excellent organisational and time management skills and a desire to finish tasks to a high standard
- It is essential that you are committed and driven to achieve outgoing telephone calls as well as incoming ones
- It is essential that as the first face and voice representing PDH that our guests see and hear that you clearly and quickly demonstrate an excellent professional image
- It is essential to have excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- It is desirable but not essential to have excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office
- It is desirable but not essential that you have previous reception or similar experience ideally within the motor industry
- It is essential that you have excellent administration skills, and the ability to prioritise multiple tasks and deadlines.
- It is essential you have a passion and ability to deliver an outstanding guest experience.
- It is essential that you are enthusiastic, friendly and helpful.
- It is essential that you are respectful and courteous to guests and colleagues.
- It is essential that you have a flexible approach to your role.
- It is essential that you are honest with high levels of integrity and drive to succeed
- It is essential that you have a Full Clean Driving Licence for a manual vehicle.
- It is essential that you always demonstrate a genuine commitment to the PDH core values, processes & procedures
PDH Motor Group has been established since 1973 with strong values that put our people and customers at the heart of everything we do. Benefits available to our colleagues in addition to a generous salary packages include:
- Colleague discounts on new and used vehicles, parts and servicing
- Recognition and effort rewards
- Life assurance at no cost to you
- Friendly family working atmosphere
If this sounds like you, please submit your application today to be considered for this exciting opportunity
Data Privacy agreement
By providing us with your mobile telephone number or email address you may consent to being contacted by these methods (which may include SMS) for these purposes