Used Car Sales Manager
Job Type: Full time / Permanent
Contact: Miss Robertson
Contact Tel No: 01273 845544
Contact Email ( private & confidential ): [email protected]
Salary: Significant Salary + Bonus + Vehicle
Job Ref: PDH010
Closing Date: 31st May 2021
PDH Motor Group are the premier Fiat, Abarth, Alfa Romeo & Jeep dealers in Sussex and have been serving our customers for nearly 50 years. As part of the next wave of our future growth with four exciting car brands and the electric vehicle revolution we are looking for new and dynamic people to join our team. Ultimately, with much effort, determination and attention to detail there are very positive outcomes and career opportunities.
We are seeking an experienced Used Car Sales Manager to join PDH Motor Group in Hassocks. This exciting role will see you use your experience to lead the team in providing a high quality service for our customers. Reporting to the Sales Manager, this role is offered on a full-time, permanent basis, and offers the opportunity to join a friendly forward thinking company.
What does a typical day involve?
It is important to know that this role will require day to day achievement of personal vehicle sales and not just managing others sales. Strong day to day performance in this area is essential as is having a hands on approach to leading the team to deliver an overall result and involvement in the attention to detail of how we do things the PDH way. The environment is sometimes tough, challenging and not for the faint-hearted as we must deliver the very best environment and service to our customers but we enjoy a family atmosphere where everyone helps each other. Applicants should think very carefully about their own strengths and weaknesses before applying and taking on this role. This includes the following:
- To lead and be part of the used car sales team from the front achieving used car volume sales targets, finance and other add on products
- Providing excellent advice and guidance on the preparation and marketing of used vehicles in accordance with PDH processes & procedures
- Liaising with customers, both face-to-face and by phone/email
- Working to market vehicles and services on offer both in the dealership and online
- Ensuring customer satisfaction index scores are consistently high
- Handling any customer complaints in an efficient and effective way
- Collating finance proposals for customers
Required Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have previous experience as a sales leader within the automotive industry, ideally including specific experience with used vehicles. Whilst brand experience is preferred, it isn’t essential. In addition to your experience, you will demonstrate the following:
- Ability to achieve results - it is essential to have a strong & significant level of core experience & performance of used vehicle sales within the automotive industry
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to lead and motivate a team to meet a goal
- A calm and professional manner
- A commitment to the PDH processes & procedures
Is training provided?
We invest in you from day one. Newly recruited colleagues attend a continual and thorough training programme whether they have previous experience or new to the industry. This training provides an insight to what is required and sets you up to succeed. Complete and detailed manufacturer training will be given to ensure that the knowledge of products and options is kept up to date.
How can I progress my career?
With four exciting car brands opportunities for progression frequently arise. In fact, each and every one of our colleagues have developed in their career while remaining in the business. Ambitious performers from across our business will probably be our future leaders within the business. We will help you develop the skills for your next career step.
Data Privacy agreement
By providing us with your mobile telephone number or email address you may consent to being contacted by these methods (which may include SMS) for these purposes