Trainee Service Advisor
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Contact: Miss Robertson
Contact Telephone: 01273 845544
Contact Email: [email protected]
Job Ref: PDH006
Closing Date: 31st May 2021
PDH Motor Group are the premier Fiat, Abarth, Alfa Romeo & Jeep dealers in Sussex and have been serving our customers for nearly 50 years. Since 1973 we have regularly recruited new and keen Trainees & Apprentices across all the departments to learn and develop in a structured and organised environment. As part of the next wave of our future growth with four exciting car brands and the electric vehicle revolution we are looking for young would-be professionals that want to learn and establish themselves. Ultimately, with much effort, determination and attention to detail there are very positive outcomes and career opportunities.
We are currently recruiting for a Trainee Service Advisor to join our dealership in Hassocks. Working as part of a team and reporting to the Service Manager, this role offers you the opportunity to learn from the ground up and help to keep our service department running smoothly. We therefore require someone that has the relevant commitment to join our friendly but focused team. The following points give a flavour of some of the areas of importance:
Responsibilities and Key Tasks
- It is essential that you have excellent time keeping
- It is essential that you have total commitment towards Health & Safety within the workplace
- To successfully work and communicate as part of the Aftersales team
- To work towards and be part of maximising service and parts sales targets including accessories, value added and incremental products.
- To learn and assist the business to maintain the required franchise brand standards which includes building outstanding relationships with our customers and colleagues.
- To create outstanding customer confidence in the service offered by the company by ensuring a professional performance and exceptional commitment to customer care.
- To ensure the highest standard of courtesy and integrity when interacting with customers and members of the public.
- To receive customer enquiries by telephone and in person and successfully convert these into firm bookings.
- To record accurately vehicle information, refer to service histories and effectively follow-up and prospect customers to secure repeat and incremental business.
- To learn and effectively use and operate the workshop loading system adding incremental work where adequate resources exist.
- To receive and identify parts stock and check goods from suppliers.
- To correctly locate parts items in stores.
- To ensure accurate identification of customer needs by means of parts catalogues and computerised stock lists.
- To attend manufacturer and dealership training courses
- To keep all service, parts and desk areas clean and tidy at all times.
- To ensure customer awareness of all products, parts and services available by professional presentation and demonstration.
- To professionally sell additional products, parts, services and repair work as appropriate to customers’ needs.
- To promote and prospect the business as directed with confidence and commitment.
- To advise customers of precise and where appropriate, estimated costs of repairs and work to be undertaken. Advise on predicted completion times and collection arrangements.
- To ensure proper qualification and total understanding of customer needs and requirements.
- Satisfy customers’ needs through making additional products and services available to them.
- To communicate effectively so as to keep all customers fully advised as to the progress of repairs, services and orders. Including pre-calls and Mot / Service reminders
- To strive to delight customers in every aspect of their contact with the Service and Parts Departments of the company. Limited 2 Service Advisor
- To initiate service documentation, job card production and update customer records and follow-up systems.
- To record customer prospect details accurately and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation Act (GDPR).
- To prospect the customer for repeat business in accordance with GDPR
- To document all warranty work as per manufacturers’ requirements and dealership policy.
- To update customer and vehicle history files to ensure total accuracy.
- To maintain a knowledge of manufacturer bulletins and notifications
- To assist all dealership staff in parts identification and replacements
- To ensure all paperwork, documentation and requisitions are properly recorded within the stock control system
- To ensure that stock is kept secure and in first class condition, and that when issued are suitable for the purpose for which they are being purchased
- To ensure that stock is only issued in accordance with company policy regarding payment or charge, and to guard against unauthorised withdrawal from stock.
- To ensure that all parts returned to the manufacturer are completed within the allotted time.
- To maintain an effective stock control system.
- To ensure that the Service Manager is aware of stock movement, and of any discrepancies around deliveries
- To ensure all work has been carried out as detailed and supplied parts charged for.
- To ensure that a receipt, payment or authorised signature is received for all issues.
- To ensure all cash sales are charged and money collected on completion of work / sale and kept in a secure manner.
- To exercise diligence in the identification of forged banknotes and other fraudulent methods of payment.
- To control funds and receipts
- To ensure all company Health and Safety procedures are adhered to within the department.
- To take bookings for service work and handle parts enquiries either through personal contact with the customer or by telephone/SMS/e-mail obtaining all necessary details in respect of work / part required, nature of problems.
- Ensure that all incoming calls are answered within 6 rings.
- Ensure forward booked work is loaded onto the Workshop loading diary at the pre-determined date.
- To offer all customers (unless leased vehicle) an estimate for work booked.
- To validate Dealer Management System (DMS) marketing records for existing customers or create new record for new customers
- Using Dealer Management System (DMS) Workshop Loading module, schedule all work to maximise utilisation, ensuring that work is capable of completion in line with customer’s requirements offering an alternative booking if necessary.
- To explain to customers in a clear and concise manner, explaining the benefits, that a dedicated appointment time will need to be arranged for them.
- To ensure that any customer mobility requirements are arranged if required and advise customers to bring all relevant documentation and ensure they are aware of any insurance limitations in order to facilitate onward journey. Maintain appropriate schedules for courtesy cars and collection and delivery drivers.
- To complete booking documentation as accurately as possible and ensure all vehicles are checked for service measures and recalls.
- To confirm customers intended payment method.
- To promote all relevant marketing offers and products that are applicable/may benefit the customer for all departments.
- To utilise DMS effectively to ensure all contact is recorded to achieve targets set by the manufacturer.
- To liaise effectively with the other Departments
- To maintain high standards of housekeeping and a safe working environment.
- To learn due diligence with regards to fraud, money laundering and unauthorised credit.
- To attend and complete training in dealership computer systems and workshop loading systems.
- To attend and complete training in manufacturer’s procedures.
- To acquire knowledge of Mechanical Breakdown Insurance company procedures and documentation.
Any other duties as and when required by senior company managers that are reasonably within the capabilities of the person and are aimed at achieving the company’s objectives and goals. These duties may not be limited to the after sales department and it is important that the successful applicant knows that we are looking for someone that can adapt and be flexible where necessary.
As it is a Trainee position, we understand that some of these areas will be new and training will be required. It is very important to make clear however that each and every person will be expected to get up to speed quickly, without delay and with determination. The environment is tough, challenging and not for the feint hearted. Applicants should think very carefully about their own strengths and weaknesses before applying and taking on this role. Whilst it is difficult at times most successful candidates enjoy the level of support they receive from the whole team as well as the positive outcome from being among the best in the industry.
- Must be of very smart appearance at all times as well as having a willingness and desire to embrace the attention to detail required with regards to our brands and image.
- Ability to communicate clearly with customers, members of the public and other staff members and record all such interaction accurately.
- Ability to access and pass information to other staff and to log onto paperwork and working documents.
- Ability to receive payment for work carried out accurately and precisely.
- Acquire knowledge of manufacturer’s warranty procedures and documentation.
- Gain the ability to calm and manage distressed and otherwise difficult customers in an effective manner.
- Gain the ability and confidence in telephone answering techniques.
- Gain the ability and confidence to sell incremental products and assess further sales opportunities.
- Full manual driving licence
- Competency in numeracy and literacy.
- Remain professional, calm and positive and behave with integrity at all times, whilst representing the company to the highest standard
- Assess own performance and effectiveness and undertake personal development activities on a regular basis, including seeking feedback from colleagues and peers.
Policy & Practices
Greet customers and visitors swiftly, courteously, and professionally. Ensure all company, environmental, Health & Safety and Trading Standards policies, procedures and practices and statutory legislation is strictly adhered to.
Develop and maintain professional working relationships with all customers, dealership colleagues, suppliers and external representatives.
Do I need experience?
Whilst we always welcome applications that have had previous experience we also would love to hear from individuals looking to enter the automotive industry. We believe in our leadership and training, allowing us to recruit for attitude and train for skill. The key attributes we look for are:
- Reliability with a good work ethic and a strong desire to learn and contribute
- Influencing skills with ability and confidence to convert enquiries into appointments
- Excellent customer skills to build long lasting relationships
- Professionalism, with a commitment to adhering to process and procedure
- To embrace our strong values of people, customers, integrity and innovation
Is training provided?
We invest in you from day one. Newly recruited Trainee Service Advisors attend a continual and thorough training programme whether they have previous experience or new to the industry. This training provides an insight to what is required and sets you up to succeed. Complete and detailed manufacturer training will be given to ensure that the knowledge of products and options is kept up to date.
How can I progress my career?
With four exciting car brands opportunities for progression frequently arise. In fact, each and every one of our colleagues have developed in their career while remaining in the business. Ambitious performers from across our business will probably be our future leaders within the business. We will help you develop the skills for your next career step.
Up for a new challenge in a rewarding company? If this Trainee Service Advisor role interests you, or you would like to hear more about other Automotive Service department roles, please contact us or apply now in the strictest confidence at [email protected]
Closing Date: 31st May 2021