Showroom Host - Fiat, Abarth, Alfa Romeo & Jeep
Job Type: Permanent - Full time
Contact: Miss Robertson
Contact Telephone: 01273 845544
Contact Email: [email protected]
Job Ref: PDH007
Closing Date: 31st May 2021
PDH Motor Group are the premier Fiat, Abarth, Alfa Romeo & Jeep dealers in Sussex and have been serving our customers for nearly 50 years. As part of the next wave of our future growth with four exciting car brands and the electric vehicle revolution we are looking for new and dynamic people to join our team. Ultimately, with much effort, determination and attention to detail there are very positive outcomes and career opportunities.
We are currently recruiting for a new Showroom Host to join our dealership in Hassocks. This is a new full time and permanent role that offers you the opportunity to work in a fast paced and exciting environment with four iconic and premium car brands. Ultimately you are the friendly welcoming face and voice of the dealership however you will probably be involved with all departments on a day-to-day basis and be flexible to help out wherever necessary. The environment is sometimes tough, challenging and not for the faint-hearted as we must deliver the very best environment and service to our customers but we enjoy a family atmosphere where everyone helps each other. Applicants should think very carefully about their own strengths and weaknesses before applying and taking on this role.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following points are as a guide and to give a flavour of what is involved on a day-to-day basis:
- To ensure that the Health & Safety guidelines are adhered to all times.
- To present yourself as an ambassador for the Company and the four premium, heritage and niche brands we represent.
- Conforming to corporate standards and upholding an excellent, first class and premium level well-groomed appearance on a consistent basis without exception.
- To handle and anticipate with care all customer requirements whether over the phone or in person in an efficient and courteous manner to ensure the highest standards of customer service and satisfaction.
- To meet, greet and welcome our customers, friends and colleagues as well as offer refreshments and direct to relevant department / personnel in a courteous and professional manner.
- To answer the dealership telephone system within 3 rings and make sure that each and every recorded telephone call is handled correctly and with care and consideration.
- To effectively manage the dealership telephone system, directing calls quickly and efficiently to the relevant departments and personnel.
- To accurately and neatly record messages, detailing name and telephone number of callers, reason for call and date and time of call.
- To ensure that all messages are distributed immediately.
- To maintain a comprehensive telephone log.
- To carry out accurate & timely Service & MOT reminders – post, email, telephone and SMS.
- To complete and email a daily sheet to maintain an accurate record of day to day staff attendance.
- To carry out post transaction sales and service customer satisfaction calls.
- To ensure the cleanliness and good housekeeping of Reception area and maintain a safe working environment. A clear desk policy must be adhered to at all times.
- To ensure that customer refreshments are continually made available.
- To receive the post each morning and deliver immediately to the Company Secretary.
- To collect all dealership post at the end of the day and ensure timely delivery to the Post Office.
- To manage the postage franking machine ensuring that adequate postage funds are maintained.
- To ensure adequate supplies of stationary are always available and to order where necessary.
- To provide administrative support to dealership departments as required.
- To maintain and develop company and industry knowledge through attending training courses.
- To assist on promotional events which may involve working at the weekend.
- To keep Directors & Managers informed of any potential problems or customer dissatisfaction.
- To ensure the following tasks are carried out 48 hours in-advance of customer booking:
- Contact all customers as per diary list
- Confirm customer’s requests
- Ascertain if the customer has any additional work
- Update job card and Dealer Management System with details if appropriate
- Confirm Collection & Delivery times
- Advise customer of Loan Car policies and procedures
- Prepare job card packs including job card, service history, key tag
- To maintain regular filing of correspondence and documentation.
- To maintain a high degree of confidentiality as some work will be of a sensitive nature.
- To assist the Service Reception with day-to-day customer transactions when required especially when busy or to cover absense.
Any other duties as and when required that are reasonable and are aimed at achieving the company’s objectives and goals. These duties may not be limited to the sales & after sales department and therefore it is important that the successful applicant knows that we are looking for someone who can adapt and be flexible where necessary.
Many of the responsibilities and key tasks listed will be new and therefore it is important to note that ongoing training and guidance will be given for you to succeed. It is also very important to make clear that this position requires a diligent person that has a natural attention to detail especially with the various service reminders and outgoing telephone calls. You will be making sure that all the customer communications are kept up to date and that each of the processes and procedures are managed accordingly and in a timely manner. Showroom hosts are the face and first point of contact for most of our customers. It is critical therefore that the correct care and attention is given to the whole showroom environment and whatever is necessary to make sure that each and every guest receives a consistent and sincere warm and friendly welcome whilst being completely professional. Ultimately you will always maintain and deliver the core values of PDH and the brands we represent. As mentioned before applicants should think very carefully about their own strengths and weaknesses before taking on this role. With everything in mind and whilst it is difficult at times most successful candidates enjoy the level of helpful support they receive from the whole team. Our goal is to make sure that you have the best possible guidance towards being among the best in the industry.
- it is essential to have excellent time keeping.
- It is essential to be of very smart appearance at all times as well as having a willingness and desire to embrace the attention to detail required with regards to our brands and image.
- It is essential to have excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- It is essential to have excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office
- It is desirable but not essential that you have previous welcome host / reception experience ideally within the motor industry
- It is essential that you have excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills with a professional and welcoming telephone manner.
- It is essential that you have excellent administration skills, and the ability to prioritise multiple tasks and deadlines.
- It is essential you have a passion and ability to deliver an outstanding guest experience.
- It is essential that you are enthusiastic, friendly and helpful.
- It is essential that you are respectful and courteous to guests and colleagues.
- It is essential that you have a flexible approach to your role.
- It is essential that you are honest with high levels of integrity and drive to succeed
- It is essential that you have a Full Clean Driving Licence for a manual vehicle.
Further Additional Attributes
- Ability to communicate clearly with new and existing customers and friends of PDH as well as welcoming new customers and other staff members and record all such interaction accurately.
- Ability to access and pass information to other staff and to log onto paperwork and working documents.
- Ability to receive payment for work carried out accurately and precisely.
- Acquire knowledge of manufacturer’s warranty procedures and documentation.
- Ability to be calm and manage distressed and otherwise difficult customers in an effective manner.
- Ability, confidence and determination with learning new telephone answering techniques and IT systems.
- Ability and confidence to get involved and assist to sell incremental products and assess further sales opportunities.
- To assess own performance and effectiveness and undertake personal development activities on a regular basis, including seeking feedback from colleagues and peers.
Policy & Practices
Greet customers and visitors swiftly, courteously, and professionally. Ensure all company, environmental, Health & Safety and Trading Standards policies, procedures and practices and statutory legislation is strictly adhered to.
Do I need experience?
Whilst we always welcome applications that have had previous experience we also would love to hear from individuals looking to enter the automotive industry. We believe in our leadership and training, allowing us to recruit for attitude and train for skill. The key attributes we look for are:
- To be friendly, bright, positive and helpful.
- To be reliable and organised with a good work ethic and a strong desire to learn and contribute
- To show potential towards excellent customer skills that can build long lasting relationships
- To have attention to detail with a commitment to adhering to process and procedure
- To embrace our strong values towards an authentic high level guest experience
Is training provided?
We invest in you from day one. Newly recruited Showroom Hosts attend a continual and thorough training programme whether they have previous experience or new to the industry. This training provides an insight to what is required and sets you up to succeed. Complete and detailed manufacturer training will be given to ensure that the knowledge of products and options is kept up to date.
How can I progress my career?
With four exciting car brands opportunities for progression frequently arise. In fact, each and every one of our colleagues have developed in their career while remaining in the business. Ambitious performers from across our business will probably be our future leaders within the business. We will help you develop the skills for your next career step.