Senior Service Advisor – Fiat, Abarth, Alfa Romeo & Jeep
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Contact: Miss Robertson
Contact Telephone: 01273 845544
Contact Email: [email protected]
Job Ref: PDH005
Closing Date: 31st May 2021
PDH Motor Group are the premier Fiat, Abarth, Alfa Romeo and Jeep dealer in Sussex and have been serving our customers for nearly 50 years. We therefore require someone that has the relevant commitment to use their industry experience to join our friendly team and complete high quality Senior Service Advisor activities within our franchised dealership with four exciting car brands.
Main Purpose of the role
PDH Motor Group are currently recruiting for a Senior Service Advisor to join our dealership in Hassocks. Working as part of a team and reporting to the Aftersales Manager, this role offers you the opportunity to use your customer service and administration skills to keep our service department running smoothly.
To control and maximise service bookings. To interpret customer’s requirements in a courteous and efficient manner to ensure that all resources required to complete the work are available on schedule. To carry out administration duties and to assist the Service Manager.
Via multiple channels, ensure that all workshop capacity is fully maximised using workshop bookings, and in line with customer retention strategy ensure that customers are kept up to date with any relevant marketing offers that may be applicable or of benefit to the customer.
Guide & Profile of the role
- Operating Controls - Ensure service bookings are taken to maximise the efficiency of the team and to give a seamless service to our customers. Carry out departmental administration and ensure all documentation and communications are completed to the required standard and process.
- Prospecting - Make effective and proactive use of systems and data available to prospect customers for service and repair work.
- Planning and Marketing - Plan ahead and manage self and time accordingly to ensure that all tasks are achieved in line with department objectives.
- Policies and Practices - Greet customers and visitors swiftly, courteously, and professionally. Ensure all environmental, Health & Safety and Trading Standards policies and practices and statutory legislation is strictly adhered to.
- Communication - Develop and maintain professional working relationships with all customers, dealership colleagues, suppliers and external representatives.
- Personal Criteria - Remain professional, calm and positive and behave with integrity at all times, whilst representing the company to the highest standard. Assess own performance and effectiveness and undertake personal development activities on a regular basis, including seeking feedback from colleagues and peers.
To ensure a smooth process for customers from the Sales to Workshop department. You will be key point of contact for the customer, ensuring customer bookings and vehicles are managed, including parts, service, and installation, in a way that will deliver the finest customer service experience possible. Support customers, the sales team and business at large with automotive experience, information, and training to help the business grow and deliver the very best customer care and sales revenue.
- It is essential that you have excellent time keeping
- It is essential that you have total commitment towards Health & Safety within the workplace
- To assist customers with arranging vehicle servicing appointments
- To manage courtesy car bookings
- To ensure the customer database is updated and accurate based on service activity
- To contribute to a department marketing strategy to promote all products and services
- To plan ahead and manage time effectively to ensure all tasks are achieved
- To greet customers and visitors promptly, courteously and professionally
- To develop and maintain professional working relationships with all customers, dealership colleagues, suppliers and external representatives
- To maximise service department profitability through the use of professional sales techniques
- To maximise customer awareness of all available workshop services
- To be able to competently and thoroughly take bookings for service work either through personal contact with the customer or by telephone / SMS /e-mail obtaining all necessary details in respect of work required and nature of problems.
- To take responsibility and ownership of your role at all times ensuring that all incoming calls are answered within 6 rings and that customers are acknowledged and looked after with care as expected in a premium, high level quality situation.
- Ensure forward booked work is loaded onto the Workshop loading diary at the pre-determined date. Organisational skills are of significant importance together with the ability to multitask taking everything in your stride within a calm working atmosphere.
- To offer all customers (unless leased vehicle) an estimate for work booked which must be accurate and thorough giving every thought to making sure things are as they should be.
- Ensure prices are quoted for every service booked and with all things considered for our customers anticipating their requirements in a considered way.
- To validate our Dealer Management System (DMS) marketing records for existing customers or create new record for new customers which must be done with care, accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Using our Dealer Management System (DMS) workshop loading module, schedule all work to maximise utilisation, ensuring that work is capable of completion in line with customer’s requirements offering an alternative booking if necessary.
- To explain to customers in a clear and concise manner, explaining the benefits, that a dedicated appointment time will need to be arranged for them.
- To ensure that any customer mobility requirements are arranged if required and advise customers to bring all relevant documentation and ensure they are aware of any insurance limitations in order to facilitate onward journey. Maintain appropriate schedules for courtesy cars and collection and delivery drivers.
- To complete booking documentation as accurately as possible and ensure all vehicles are checked for service measures and recalls.
- To confirm customers intended payment method.
- To promote all relevant marketing offers and products that are applicable/may benefit the customer for all departments.
- To utilise DMS effectively to ensure all contact is recorded to achieve targets set by the manufacturer.
- To liaise effectively with the other Departments
- To maintain high standards of housekeeping and a safe working environment.
DO I NEED EXPERIENCE?
PDH Motor Group works to the highest of standards and works alongside premium and heritage brand manufacturers, experience from this sector of the industry will undoubtedly benefit your application. Ideally the Senior Service Advisor would have experience in a similar Service Advisor role in a franchised dealership, however we would also love to hear from individuals looking to enter the Automotive Industry that feel their skills and experience will fit perfectly. We believe in our leadership and training, allowing us to recruit for attitude and train for skill. The key attributes we look for are:
- Influencing skills with the ability and confidence to convert enquiries into appointments
- Excellent customer management skills to build long lasting relationships
- Professionalism, with a commitment to adhering to process and procedure
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with the ability to work to deadlines
- Intermediate IT skills with the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Individuals who demonstrate the PDH values of people, customers, integrity and innovation
In return the Senior Service Advisor will be offered a very competitive financial package and the opportunity to work with four exciting and highly specialist and niche automotive brands. PDH Motor Group is a forward thinking company who are consistently looking to progress and develop both their business and staff!
IS TRAINING PROVIDED?
We invest in you from day one. Newly recruited Service & Senior Service Advisors attend a continual and thorough training programme whether they have previous experience or new to the industry. This training provides an insight to what is required and sets you up to succeed. Complete and detailed manufacturer training will be given to ensure that the knowledge of products and options is kept up to date.
HOW CAN I PROGRESS MY CAREER?
With four exciting car brands opportunities for progression frequently arise. In fact, each and every one of our colleagues have developed in their career while remaining in the business. Ambitious performers from across our business will probably be our future leaders within the business. We will help you develop the skills for your next career step.
Up for a new challenge in a rewarding company? If this Senior Service Advisor role interests you, or you would like to hear more about other Automotive Service department roles, please contact us or apply now in the strictest confidence at [email protected]